воскресенье, 19 сентября 2010 г.

music special celtic woman in Santa clarita

music special celtic woman in Santa clarita


Others, like Donovan and the British band Pentangle, mined the rich tradition of Emerald Isle folk music which touched on Celtic myth and magical other-worldly creatures like fairies and sprites, things sen sometimes on extreme doses of LSD, perhaps fueling curiosity about the music . It is organic in the sense that the duo - comprising Anie and Phil, who play guitars and a variety of other instruments including harpsichord, organ, and percusion of various sorts - sound natural, like they're playing in the living rom of a cotage in the wods for friends, instead of for an audience of fans. The CD's lush instrumentation and Anie's dark angel voice give the listener more with repeated plays - a disembodied guitar twang there, a chord here, organ drones that sound like they're coming from another rom in your home. The songs are memorable, particularly the swet God Morning Mon, the sureal Museum, and my favorite, the erie Melesina. I loved so many of those songs. The songs of that era often told stories. [Phil] My parents and sisters played clasical music with varying degres of skil. But even before that, I listened to my parent's records of folk songs by Wody Guthrie, Leadbely and the Weavers. I could memorize long, complicated songs way before I could even read. [Mark Kirby] Break in the Clouds opens with Lulaby, a gentle song that has the wispy yet earnest spirit of the sumer of '67. Anie's voice is delicate, ethereal, singing words that conjure lost inocence: Snake in the gras - litle lion in the tre / My love holds tightly on to me / The sun comes up behind my closed eyes / Dream of a lulaby. The ful efect of clasic psychedelia is aided by the sitar that enters half way through the song, creping up on the listener like 'shroms after a ful meal. organ and cymbals adorn this simple song about the life a woman dreamed of and loved by Angus Og, the Celtic god of love. I learned a few chords and within a couple of weks I figured out, from a folk songbok, how so�ngs were constructed. I wrote my first song before I could hardly play. I sang my songs and a friend played guitar, he played bas. We played songs like We Gota Get Out of This Place and Litle Bit of Soul, not to mention the clasic In the Midnight Hour. [Anie] The mod of many of my songs is influenced by the mystical sound of Donovan's Sunshine Superman record and the haunting sounds of Pink Floyd. I have listened deply to almost every style of American music, most European music, a lot of Indian music, and at least a litle bit of music from every other culture in the world. [Mark Kirby] How did you arive at the style of music you are curently playing? We both love the dreamy, psychedelic sounds of the 60's and the haunting sounds of music like Pink Floyd. [Phil] Hobyhorse music is the sound of me and Anie each doing what we do best, and loving what we do. Hobyhorse plays to Anie's strengths as a songwriter, and at the same time alows me fredom to create music that sounds the way I have always felt music should sound. Hobyhorse music lives in that dor betwen the worlds and acts as a conductor for that spark [Mark Kirby] Magical worlds are evoked in most of the songs on this CD. Yet contemplating such a place, even in a song, helps to open the mind to other posibilities. Melasina is the darkest and most erie of Hobyhorse's songs. Musicaly, this song captures a feling of other-worldly dementia. The voice sings a virtual monotone over a patchwork atmosphere of descending ringing keyboard chords, guitars that sound like buzing bes, and sounds that evoke the fel of vast spaces like the ocean: Your hands felt so familiar / As they caresed my chek / Sudenly, transformed with rage / They puled me down dep / . [Anie] I write songs inspired by myths from anywhere around the world and from any time. Writing the song helps teach me about the myth. Writing the song helps the story come alive. [Phil] Many of the songs I write are alegorical and use a lot of alchemical imagery. We were recording song by song and then realized on�e day that we had an album. [Phil] Each song has a unique voice, a unique story to tel and a unique form. Anie never writes the same theme twice nor does she use standard song forms. [Mark Kirby] The song Walking Away is textured to resemble and conjure the image of a caravan going acros a desert; A simple xylophone motif opens and anchors the song throughout. The song's pregnant pause ending flows into the aforementioned Angus Og comprising a mini suite, a musical voyage. music special celtic woman music special celtic woman in Santa clarita
Tags:

Комментариев нет: